By Terran Warden, Guest Writer

Video by Dylan Foreman

Junior Grace Takehara is the editor of the fashion blog LuteLooks.

LuteLooks, one of Pacific Lutheran University’s most interesting student projects, is a Tumblr blog created and run by junior Grace Takehara and features the fashion of PLU community members she finds on campus.

Takehara was inspired to create LuteLooks after a friend showed her a fashion blog at a different university.

“I looked at [the blog] and it was pretty good,” Takehara said. “But I thought I could do it better and I just really thought it would fit well here…I know we have a lot of stylish students here, a lot of strong design and creative people.”

The blog is a collection of photographs taken on campus of students’ outfits. According to her blog, the intent is to put students on display for an aspect of PLU’s culture which is not frequently recognized.

“I wanted to create a place that celebrates students’ unique and noteworthy style,” Takehara said. “I really just want to create a visual interaction with people.

Takehara plans to change the website format so she has more creative options.

“It’s on Tumblr right now and I really want to make it a [standalone website], so that it’s not in the Tumblr format,” Takehara said. “Then I can be really creative with what it looks like and make it even more visual.”

Takehara is also working on incorporating music, cultural aspects and upcoming fashion trends into her blog. Soon, LuteLooks events will be held on campus and at local businesses.

“I just really want to make it interactive, not just through the web, but through other interfaces and channels,” Takehara said.

Takehara said she tries to incorporate styles of a variety of PLU community members on LuteLooks.

“Anybody I see is a potential person that can be on it,” Takehara said. “I try to get different styles mixed in, not primarily a certain type of style.”

Even PLU faculty and staff can be involved with LuteLooks.

“I’ve actually had some RAs and RDs on it, so that’s really fun,” said Takehara. “Whatever makes somebody feel good — I’m hoping to capture that on the blog.”

Resident Directors Luke Ruiz and Angel de Jesus Gonzalez pose for a Lutelooks feature.

Professors should keep their eyes out for Grace Takehara next time they’re looking good!

Students can take a peek at the blog for upcoming posts and features. Viewers can find the blog at http://lutelooks.tumblr.com and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/LuteLooksAtPLU.

“I hope this quaint blog makes you smile and inspires you to make a statement with your next outfit,” Takehara said. “I’ll be looking for you. Hope to snap a picture of you soon!”