TERRAN WARDEN, A&E Columnist

Selfish. No, I’m not talking about your ex-boyfriend. I’m talking about Kim Kardashian West’s book.

Remember the book we all joked about 2 years ago? It’s happening!

Yes, you read that right: Kim Kardashian West was smart enough to write a book!

Well, kind of.

Her upcoming book,  titled “Selfish,” is set for release this May.

It didn’t involve any writing, it only required what Kim K does best.

Take selfies.

It’s a book of selfies.

That’s why it’s titled “Selfish.”

Kardashian West released the book’s cover this week via Instagram.

Amazon is currently allowing preorders on their website describing the book as “some of Kim’s favorite selfies in one volume—from her favorite throwback images to current ultra-sexy glam shots—and provides readers with a behind-the-scenes look into this larger-than-life star.”

Amazon is also identifying Kardashian West as “the modern-day personification of Marilyn Monroe” and a “true American icon.”

She won’t be the first celebrity clinging onto their name to make money off of a stupid book, and she won’t be the last.

That’s not even my problem with “Selfish.”

My problem?

IT. IS.  A. BOOK. OF.  SELFIES.

What is the world coming to where celebrities have the potential to make millions on pictures they took of themselves with their phone?

Are they calling this art? I’m praying that they don’t. Selfies are not art.

Are they calling this literature? Again, I’m praying that they don’t.

If anything “Selfish” can be described as a photo-documentary of Kim’s life. But even that is annoying.

What is going to be in this documentary of her life? We already have her Twitter, her Instagram, her own website, “Keeping Up With The Kardashians”, “Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami” (which she constantly appears in), “Kourtney and Kim Take New York”, “Khloe and Lamar” (also constantly appeared in), “Kourtney and Kim Take Miami”, “Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons”, “Dash Dolls” (following Kardashian family employees), “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event…”

What more do we need?

I’ll give her credit; as much as I can’t stand even the idea of this book, I want to see it.

I want to see what she spends her days doing.

I want to see how she even does this book – will there be captions? Any words at all?

Strictly selfies – or will she include pictures others took of her?

What about baby North, is she going to crop her out again?

Here’s my advice: if you hate Kim but you still want to know what’s going on, when the book comes out in May, don’t go buy it.

Let’s be real, are you going to flip through it all the time? No. Don’t waste your money.

Head out to your local Barnes & Noble, sit at one of the benches by the magazine stand, and flip through the book inside the store – they’ll let you!