Greetings from the Associated Students of Pacific Lutheran University! My name is Martha Spieker, and I am this year’s Associated Students of PLU President. I’m thrilled to welcome in the new school year, and excited about the promise it contains. ASPLU Vice President, Ellie Lapp, and I have big goals, and we’ll need your help to get it done.

MarthaFor those of you who don’t know, ASPLU made some big changes at the end of last year. Our senate (which you can run for this fall!) was restructured from 21 seats to 15 and is now organized as follows: two senators per class, one on campus, one off campus, and five at large.

Another change is the creation of a Student Activities Board, which will now handle events traditionally associated with ASPLU, like homecoming and LollaPLUza. These changes are to ensure that ASPLU focuses on advocating for the student body at large.

More than ever, ASPLU is listening to your concerns, and relaying those comments to the Board of Regents and the University Administration to work in collaboration for change. We are excited to partner with other PLU organizations to effectively support student needs across campus. Here’s to a productive and engaging year, and Go Lutes!

Keep in touch with ASPLU by checking out their Facebook page.

Share your thoughts