CHRISTIAN BOND
Sports Writer
bondco@plu.edu

I’ll admit, I was a little worried that it would come to an end.
One of the most impressive professional sports streaks was on the line. It was one day away from ending, but a player came up clutch.
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham made sure that the 80 month long streak of a National Football League player getting arrested stayed intact. A hero walks among us.
The extent of NFL player arrests does vary. Green-Beckham kept the streak alive by failing to pay a parking ticket.
Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested for shoplifting. Randle makes nearly $30,000 a game, but couldn’t pay for the underwear and cologne that left the mall in his possession.
Several players are linked to domestic violence cases. A handful of players have murders on their record. Animals appear to be the only living beings safe from NFL players.
Wait.
The NFL continues to be the most popular league in American sports. It’s mind blowing that the average American can continue to support a league full of people who think they are above the law.
I guess it doesn’t matter, as long as I win my fantasy league.
Call it what you want, 80 months or six years, it is a long time. We can always rely on the NFL to make headlines.
Don’t worry fans, in the next 20 days, we should know who the next player will be added to the NFL Arrest Database.