LIVE Studio Party 10/5

Hey everyone, it was a great show tonight on “The Crossroads”. We had fun with our first Live Studio Party on LASR. This show was special since it was dedicated to Bob Dylan, one of the most influential artists in so many genres, who was recently named Rolling Stone Magazine’s number one songwriter of all time.

Tonight’s show featured some of the best of Dylan’s music from his decades of solo work and his work with other artists and bands, such as:

• “I Shall Be Released” – Bob Dylan & The Band
  • “My Back Pages” – Bob Dylan with Roger McGuinn (of The Byrds), Tom Petty, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, and the late George Harrison
  • “Gotta Serve Somebody” – Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead

We also featured some live performances by some of our talented Lutes. Theo Hofrening performed “Girl From the North Country”, and Margot Fresquez and Haleigh Misildine performed “Blowing In the Wind.” By request, I also did two live performances: the first was “All Along the Watchtower” and the second, to close the show, was “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door.”

It was a fun time had by all who stopped by the studio, even to hang out just for one song.  We hope to be doing some more Live Studio parties and feature some more live performances.

Make sure you listen to “The Crossroads” every week on LASR, Mondays at 8 pm, where Blues, Folk, Country and Classic Rock collide. Like my Facebook page and feel free to comment any requests on the page, or on my Radio blog. Thanks for listening.

-PEACE-

DJ Eddie Jay 🅼

Eddie J. McCoven

Eddie J. McCoven is a music maker, public speaker, writer, media personality, Libertarian, and follower of Christ. Originally from the Desert Southwest, Eddie studied at San Diego Mesa College before completing his BA in Communication from Pacific Lutheran University. While at PLU, Eddie was a writer and Program Director for Mast Media and Lute Air Student Radio. He also worked at 88.5 FM, formerly KPLU. In addition to Student Media and Public Radio, Eddie also sang with the University Men's Chorus, Choral Union, and Chapel Choir, and was active in Campus Ministry.

2 thoughts on “LIVE Studio Party 10/5

• October 11, 2015 at 7:24 am
    Permalink

Listened to your show for the first time. You were a wonderful deejay! Sterling performance by Margot Fresques and Haleigh Missildine. Amazing talents.

Reply
    • October 11, 2015 at 6:05 pm
      Permalink

Thanks for listening, Elsa! I am glad you enjoy the show. Feel free to message me on The Crossroads on LASR Facebook page if you have any requests. And I enjoyed Margot’s and Haleigh’s performance as well.