It was a slow news week this week, but we were still able to bring you another addition of the Mast Radio Hour.
It’s Homecoming Week, and there will be a lot of activities on campus:
- Wednesday: Homecoming Chapel, 10:30 am, Lagerquist Concert Hall
- Thursday: “Meant to Live” lecture by PLU alumnus Dr. Brunstrom-Hernandez, 6:30 pm, Scandinavian Cultural Center
- Friday: Karaoke at 208 Garfield, 9 pm, hosted by The Diversity Center
- Saturday: Homecoming Football Game, PLU v. Williamette, 1 pm, Sparks Stadium, Puyallup
- Saturday: Homecoming Formal, 8pm to 12 am, Pacific Grill Event Center, Downtown Tacoma
- Sunday: University Congregation Homecoming Service and 60th Anniversary Celebration, 11 am, Lagerquist Concert Hall
For all things homecoming, check out the alumni section of the PLU website.
Also, make sure to check out the re-opening of SurPLUs, PLU’s own on-campus second hand store, this Saturday at 10 am, lower level campus, across from the Morken Center.
Also this Thursday at 7 pm, in Xavier Hall 201, will be a forum and debate about the minimum wage increase in the City of Tacoma. Check out the Speech and Debate team’s Facebook page for more info.
It was awesome to have Jake Bilyeu on the air with me tonight to provide our Go Lutes! Ahtletic update.
If you would like to participate in student media, there are a variety of ways to be involved. Check out plu.edu/studentmedia for all the info. And if you’d like to be on the radio specifically, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the Mast Radio Hour this week. If you have any tips on news stories or song requests, please feel free to contact me email@example.com.
Eddie J. McCoven ◼︎