My college experience: Jacob Gleichman

EDDIE MCCOVEN

Mast Radio Producer

mccoveej@plu.edu

One of our newest members of the Lute community is Jacob Gleichman, a Fall 2015 transfer from Columbia Basin College, a community college in Pasco, Wash.

“I took those two years of school very seriously and as a result, I have the privilege of attending a qpitchinguality, well respected university such as PLU,” Gleichman said.

Gleichman is a junior Communication major and a Business Marketing minor.

Gleichman has been playing baseball all of his life. His love of the game is only matched by his commitment to academic achievement. Gleichman is a pitcher, and hopes to be a starter in the upcoming  season.

Gleichman said his experience with the baseball team so far has been a great one. But there’s much more to come.

“I cannot credit the coaches enough as well. They truly care about not only my athletic experience, but my academic experience,” Gleichman said. “I respect coaches who care for your success as a student first, and as an athlete second.”

Gleichman credits his teammates with helping him settle in as  a new member of our Lute community. 🅼

Eddie J. McCoven

Eddie J. McCoven is a music maker, public speaker, writer, media personality, Libertarian, and follower of Christ. Originally from the Desert Southwest, Eddie studied at San Diego Mesa College before completing his BA in Communication from Pacific Lutheran University. While at PLU, Eddie was a writer and Program Director for Mast Media and Lute Air Student Radio. He also worked at 88.5 FM, formerly KPLU. In addition to Student Media and Public Radio, Eddie also sang with the University Men's Chorus, Choral Union, and Chapel Choir, and was active in Campus Ministry.

One thought on “My college experience: Jacob Gleichman